Monday, September 24, 2012

Member Spotlight :: Amie Huffman


Amie Huffman
Sales Manager Rentals and Events  |  The Children's Museum of Indianapolis



  • Office:  3000 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208
  • (317) 334 - 3314

Check out the website: 
www.childrensmuseum.org 

Please "Like" on Facebook:  


  • What is your title and position at your current company? Sales Manager, Rentals and Events at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.


  • What does your company do? How is it different than others like it? The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is an interactive museum experience for not only children and families, but everyone! What makes us different as a “venue” is that guests know the minute they walk through our doors their event will be unique, interactive and fun.  Our team is creative, experienced and come from very diverse backgrounds. Non-profit, weddings, corporate and social events are some of the types of events hosted at our venue.  Our team also has the privilege to assist in the planning and management of The Children’s Museum’s galas and various other internal events.

  • How many years have you been in the industry? 12+ years.

  • What was your very first job? My first job was a hostess at Red Lobster.

  • What lead you in into the event industry? Too many family, friends and co-workers would start planning weddings, showers, holiday parties, etc…they asked for my help, I always had a definite opinion and would take over the planning process!

  • Why did you decide to join ISES?  To make those valuable connections….I found out quickly that you cannot make it in this business without great vendors- we are only as good as our vendors! 

  • What is your most memorable event? Why? Assisting our team with the opening gala for the Take Me There Egypt and King Tut Exhibits.  The challenge was that this was the first event to take place in the new Welcome Center, a space we had never worked in. You can space plan all you want, but until you are actually standing in the space you do not how it actually functions or if what you have on paper makes sense.  It all came together though with the help of great vendors and the museum team.

  • What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?  One thing?  Let’s do the top 5:

  1. Fast food is my weakness, I do not indulge often.
  2. I have “Nomophobia”- I sleep with my iPhone, literally…it can usually be found either under my pillow or next to me.  It is like my security blanket.
  3.  I am a twin.
  4. I am obsessed with reality TV shows, Food Network (this keeps me away from fast food), Dancing with the Stars, The Voice and American Idol.
  5. I used to run my own business: Bek-n-Call, Inc- we did everything from personal shopping to event planning for individuals and companies.

  • If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job? My dream job would be to work at OWN- Oprah’s TV station doing anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers