Monday, September 10, 2012

Member Spotlight :: Laura Lim


Laura Lim
Managing Parnter  |  Eventfull Planning

  • Office:  450 East 96th Street Suite 5060
  • Indianapolis, Indiana 46240
  • (317) 771-8949

Check out the website: 

Please "Like" on Facebook:  




  • What is your title and position at your current company? Managing Partner at Eventfull Planning

  • What does your company do? How is it different than others like it? Eventfull Planning is a full-service event planning and management company.  We focus on coordinating events with style.  We are experienced, organized, detail oriented, and imaginative.  Our portfolio includes weddings, social, corporate, and non-profit events.  Our passion is working with clients to create memorable events that reflect the clients' personal taste and style - making each event truly unique.

  • How many years have you been in the industry? I have worked with events, in various industries, for over 12 years.

  • What was your very first job? First job ever?  Lifeguard.  First job in the industry?  Special Events Coordinator for a micro-brewery.

  • What lead you in into the event industry? J-Lo and the movie The Wedding Planner.

  • Why did you decide to join ISES? After relocating from Washington DC, I knew that joining ISES would be a great way to become connected and involved in the Indianapolis event community.

  • What is your most memorable event? Why?  Planning a wedding from scratch in four weeks.  It was a destination wedding in Puerto Rico.  The bride and groom were in NY.  Her family was in DC.  I was in Indy and there was a hurricane.  It was a crazy experience and makes for a good story.

  • What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?  I can't think of one thing that stands out, so here a few fun facts.
    1. I drink my coffee black.
    2. I cannot remember what I did before I purchased my iPhone.
    3. I love Bravo TV - especially Top Chef, The Rachel Zoe Project and the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
    4. I am half Chinese.
    5. I wish that I spoke Chinese.
    6. I love celebrity gossip.
    7. My ideal Sunday morning includes coffee, yoga pants and an US Weekly.
    8. I carry huge handbags.
    9. I go camping twice a year.  (A bottle of wine, a can of bug spray, an air mattress and I am good to go.)
    10. I used to work for Gucci.
    11. I need a bigger closet.
    12. I love to travel and am dying to go to Greece.
    13. I wear my flip flops until it snows.
    14. I will not watch scary movies.
    15. I don't like to cook for myself, but I love to entertain.
    16. I studied ballet, jazz and other forms of dance for 16 years.
    17. I was the editor of my high school year book.
    18. I almost majored in dance in college.
    19. I told my parents I wanted to be a lawyer when I was a child.  I think my father still hopes that I will become one.
    20. I can argue the point of almost anything and might have made a good lawyer.
    21. I used to be a competitive swimmer.
    22. I love to be near the water.  
    23. I wish I had more time to read.
    24. I love fashion and home decor magazines.
    25. I am thankful for my family and my friends that I consider family.

  • If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job?  Socialite?  Kardashian Sister?  Interior Designer?  
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Followers