Monday, February 18, 2013

Member Spotlight :: Chelsea Abney


Chelsea Abney

Indiana University-Tourism Management and Event Planning Graduate
Bartender  |  Buffalo Wild Wings, Bloomington, IN
Catering  |  Indiana Memorial Union
Guest Services  |  Lucas Oil

Chelsea Abney
Buffalo Wild Wings
Bloomington, IN

Welcome, Chelsea, to ISES and to the event industry!  :)  Sincerely, your ISES Indiana Board of Directors

  • What is your title and position at your current company? I am a recent graduate from Indiana University. I am currently still working as a bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings in Bloomington, Indiana. I also just started working at the Indiana Memorial Union in catering and also just started at Lucas Oil with Guest Services. 
  • What does your company do? At Buffalo Wild Wing we cater to large groups and serve are guest with speed while giving a sports bar atmosphere. At the IMU we cater to all parties an groups with a million dollar catering company. 
  • How many years have you been in the industry? I have been at Buffalo Wild Wings for 4 years and just started at the IMU and Lucas Oil. I have been in hospitality and customer service for 5 years. 
  • What was your very first job? My first job in the industry was this past summer at the Buskirk Chumley Theater where I was the event and hospitality intern. I really enjoyed this internship and found my passion through the hard work. 
  • What lead you in into the event industry? I have always been interested in large events especially concerts and anything that goes on in large arenas. I love seeing how everything gets put together and seeing the fans enjoying themselves.  
  • Why did you decide to join ISES? I joined ISES because my advisor Julie Knapp told me about all the benefits this organization can offer especially for new graduates looking for a start to their career. 
  • What are you looking to gain out of our ISES membership and how can we help you achieve that? I hope ISES can help me meet people that are interested in the my field. I want to gain experience through the meetings that are offered. I also want to find a job that will help me reach my career goals. 
  • What is your most memorable event? Why? My most memorial event would be my first large event at the Buskirk Chumley Theater. We had Mary Chapin Carpenter and we had a backed house. The band and management were incredible nice and easy going. During show time we had a guest that was unable to make it up the stairs so I helped them out and got them floor seats and they were so happy and excited. It always feels good when a guest is truly satisfied with their experience that we can provide. 
  • What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? Something that people might not know about me is that I jam to the Jonas Brothers in my car with my little sister every chance I get. 
  • If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job? My dream job is to be involved with the United Center in Chicago. But if I wasn't in this industry I would love to be an interior designer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers