Friday, January 18, 2013

Member Spotlight :: Lynn Shepard



Lynn Shepard

President & Co-Owner  |  Euphoria Events and Creation Cafe


Lynn Shepard

Euphoria Events and Creation Cafe
337 W. 11th St., Indianapolis, IN  46202
Phone: 317 . 955 . 2389

Check out the website:
    • http://www.creationcafeandeuphoria.com/

  • Please "Like" on Facebook: 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creation-Cafe/117761078250467?fref=ts


  • What is your title and position at your current company?   I am president and & co-owner.                                
  • What does your company do? How is it different than others like it?  We are an event venue and caterer as well as a full service event planning company (we also have a full service restaurant).  Our biggest passion is to work with our clients to identify their "hot buttons" (things that are most important to them in regards to the event) and their budget and then craft the event from there versus having pre-packaged ideas for them.
  • How many years have you been in the industry?  This is our 6th year in operation
  • What was your very first job? Where I grew up, if you got a speeding ticket before you were 18 years old you had to do public restitution to pay off the amount of your fine.  My restitution was at Goodwill and then they gave me a job after that!
  • What lead you in into the event industry?  I have worked in hospitality and customer service most of my life, so events just eventually comes in to play.
  • Why did you decide to join ISES?  I am excited to network with others in the biz and continue to improve our goods & services.
  • What are you looking to gain out of our ISES membership and how can we help you achieve that?  See above!  I am hoping that by interacting with others, I can learn and grow personally as well as professionally--ISES can help by creating either a time machine or a cloning device, because there never seems to be enough of me to go around or time to get it all done!
  • What is your most memorable event? Why?  In college, I worked back stage at a huge reggae festival at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena CA.  That was my first real glimpse into a major event with "talent" to accommodate.  It was memorable because of the scope, the celebrities, and the total exhaustion when it was all over!
  • What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? I have tattoos and I am a lover of karaoke!
  • If you were not in the event industry, what would be your dream job?  It would be something in the category of making the world a better place--UNICEF, Peace Corps, or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers